TBI on blown small-block?

Adam Chant adam at antelecom.net
Wed Sep 26 05:40:17 GMT 2001

>From my experience with centrifugal Superchargers I have to say they are
dead on most of the time. The actual boost is not linear, it's more
parabolic. Compared to any other form of FI I have found the Centrifugal SC
the easiest to tune and a main reason for me using one on my Saturn. I can
plot RPM to boost to CFM and it's always within 5% the same assuming the BOV
is closed. The big problem is that there are very few accurate flow charts
for Centrifugal Superchargers and everyone coming out with new ones all the
time. Powerdyne just came out with a gear driven design even for higher
boost applications. No thank you, I'll stick with safer BD-600 for my 1.9L
engine.

I could probably tune a centrifugal system with only RPM as reference if I
had an accurate flow chart.

-Adam Chant