[Gmecm] ECU modification, Ecu definition files and mask id's

Andrew Jones andrewjones789
Tue Apr 5 21:25:50 UTC 2005

Hello,
I am learning to program ECU's. I am using
TunerPro(WinBin didn't seem to work) and a programmer
to read and write to/from the Eprom.
I am learning what values to change in the code to
improve performance/handling/mpg.
I am stuck on one point, how you know from the
reference numbers on an ecu or the ca49r make/model
what .ecu definition file to use. I have seen a
variety of reference numbers on the gm-ecm ftp site
but they don't correspond to any numbers on my ecu. I
have included all of the details below.
If anyone can help it would be really appreciated as
it's been bugging me for a while now.

ECU:
Motronic
BOSCH