[Gmecm] Tuning question

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Wed Apr 6 21:14:29 UTC 2005

This question is referring to my supercharged Porsche 928 4.7L V8 sporting a
GM 1227749 ECU.  http://p-928.home.comcast.net/749.html

I've been running this configuration for over a year with 25 or so track
days last season.  I'm kind of new at tuning and would appreciate some
pointers.

I just fixed a problem that was keeping me from data collecting so I am just
getting my first good data from the '749.  I added an intercooler and
smaller SC pulley,  and it is now going way lean as soon as the boost starts
to come on.  I've uploaded some data in an Excel spreadsheet:
http://p-928.home.comcast.net/928-1.xls

Any hints on where to start?  I've been working on several tables:

base pulse constant vs % egr - this let me get idle and off-boost fuel
pretty close (although a bit rich)

ve vs rpm vs map - last season filled in some lean holes with this table

Boost multiplier vs map - made several changes here last night,  increasing
the 130 kPa & up areas.  This 'seemed' to be moving in the right direction.

VE adder vs RPM - today I increased the upper ends of this table,  4000 RPM
& up - no big difference

So where should I focus?  Boost Multiplier vs map?  Am I heading in the
right direction?

Bill