[Gmecm] SAturn engine swap

Jay Vessels jay
Fri Dec 2 01:03:25 UTC 2005

Hi there!
>>I've got a 440T4 laying around in Dad's shop out of an '88 Eldorado.
>>Sans converter, it's probably a couple hundred pounds.  Dad and I
>>can wrestle it around without any real difficulty.  Now a TH400 --
>>that's a different story...
>

> A TH400 with its 13" converter is 215 lb, so I guess you are saying
> a 440T4 is a lot less.  Bruce Roe

215?  They sure seemed heavier than that in the junkyards...  Then
again, it's be a long time since I last touched a TH400 so my memory is
foggy.  It's also been a long time since I've even SEEN a TH400 in a 'yard.

While I can't lift the TH440-T4 by myself with any kind of ease, I'd
wager it's not heavier than the TH400.

Of course, we can all see how poor my ability to guess weight is, so
perhaps weighing one is the right answer :)

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
1984 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport, 2.8V6 (TBI pending)