[Gmecm] Newbie here.

Dustin Lof bubblesjrtwo
Fri Dec 2 14:22:14 UTC 2005

 Like Dan said find a electronic distributor, if it
has any mechanical or vacuum advance it needs to be
locked down so it cant move.

Next you need to remove the ignition module from the
chevrolet distributor and mount it to a well grounded
metal plate using both screw holes in the module.  The
module needs to be grounded by the mounting screws the
metal backing plate is just a heat sink.  connect the
two weather pack connectors to your tbi harness,
connect the two exposed pins to the two wires coming
from the pickup coil in your toyota dist using a
shielded twisted pair of wires. making sure to steer
clear of the alternator when routing these wires.

The four wires to the module are

(D) EST white- this is the signal the ecm sends back
to to module after it has made timing adjustments to
it

(C) reference purple/white-  this is the signal the
ignition module sends to the ECM.  The ignition module
converts the ac voltage the pickup coil produces to
this digital five volt square wave signal.

(B) by-pass tan/black- this is a five volt signal the
ECM sends to the module it in sense actuates a switch
in side of the module to determine if the coil will be
fired from the Reference (no ecm timing) or from the
EST (ECM is in full controll of timing) This wire will
have 0 volts until then the engine starts then switch
to five volts.  There is a connector in line with this
wire, you disconnect it to set base timing.

(A) ref-low black/red- This is simply a ground wire
between the ecm and the ign module it is my
understanding that it is there as a monitior. What it
is monitoring I dont know, but it needs to be there

As for your TPS you will need to solder on a new
connector as the mounting is different from the early
to late throttle bodies.
I would make sure that harness you have plugs in to
the 7747 ecm the k1500 trucks used a 7747 up through
91ish and about the same time they changed the tps

I hope this is helpful  Dustin Lof