[Gmecm] TPS for diesel

burntkat at sc.rr.com burntkat
Tue Dec 20 23:00:54 UTC 2005

anyone who wants to sling insults about it better know WTF they are
talking about. I've done my homework, it's a fine engine for it's use,
it was the BUYERS and the mechanics that screwed it up first go-round.

it suits my purposes just fine: no computer controls <it's going in an
expedition vehicle, so even though I work with computers, I don't want
them in the motive systems of the vehicle>, diesel, runs fine off of
WVO/BD/diesel, etc, and will bolt up to my transmission [700r4] and
transfer case [NP231C] with a cheap $58 adapter.

I'd considered the 6.2 TD <would love to use it, but there's no room!
>, the cummins 4BT <too expensive/noisy/hard to find> and various
Nissan/Jeep/MB/Toyota/VW diesels, and just kept coming back to the
5.7.  It doesn't hurt that I'm getting 2 low-miles runners, complete
with accessories, and a low-hours dyno mill that's never so much as
seen a car, 2 complete hydroboost systems, HD radiators, and other
misc parts for $250 in total. ;)

Basically-- for maybe $1000 each vehicle, I'm about to triple my fuel
economy and give myself about a $5000/year raise- I'll be running off
of WVO/BD. Win/win proposition all around!