[Gmecm] Hard to fix oil leaks from around a 1988 2.8Loilpumpdrive gear

Phillip Kuhn pmkls1
Mon Dec 26 21:17:37 UTC 2005

Well the viton seal is probably much better because it
doesnt harden, but it is just a matter of getting one.
I finally read the original post and it seems to me
that there are a couple of things that can be done to
fix the leak. First, I would make sure the drive wasnt
mangled upon removal and that isnt the source of the
leak. Second, the use of the rtv may actually be the
culprit. It doesnt matter how much or how little rtv
you use, if you dont have a clean surface to work with
when you use rtv you are making things even worse by
using it. I would suggest taking everything apart and
inspetcing it carefully and then reinstalling
everything with no rtv and a fresh seal. And if the
drive itself is damaged save yourself the trouble and
get a new one, it is well worth the cost in reduced
headaches.

Phil

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com