[Gmecm] Need ecu file for 1227303 ecm & checksum question

James Ortiz james7
Thu Dec 29 06:17:01 UTC 2005

Hi,
 I have a 1988 Pontiac Le Mans 1.6L 4 Cly 5 spd man transmission with a
1227303 ecm. I wanted to change a few things so i pulled the memcal
(ANAB 1727) hooked it to my programmer and read the chip. Ran the gmcks
program on it and it says the checksum does NOT match calculated sum.
Put the memcal back in the programmer and checked all the connections
with a meter to verify good contact. Read it again and compared it to
the first read and they were the same. Did a partial disassembly and
checked the code at the start vector and it looks like valid code. I
have not had the time to do a full disassembly.

Concerned that i might have somehow damaged the memcal i put it back in
the car to check it out. The car seems to be running fine. No check
engine light. Jumped the aldl connector and all i get is code 12.
Location 0008 in the bin is $53 NOT $AA so i don't think the checksum
is being bypassed.

Is it possible that there is a different checksum routine used with
this ecm or do i just have a bad read?

I have not been able to find a bin or ecu file from a 1227303 to
compare.

Anyone have any ideas?

James