[Gmecm] Need ecu file for 1227303 ecm & checksum question

Jay Vessels jay
Thu Dec 29 13:56:33 UTC 2005

Hi there!

I'm not sure about the program gmcks, but it sounds like it doesn't know
the checksum location for that MEMCAL.  GM placed it in different places
for different codebases, so your checksum may just be calculated in a
place that is different from what your program expects.  GM's method for
calculating the checksum didn't seem to change over the years (at least,
pre-OBD-II) so you could probably play around with the checksum location
and figure it out.

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
1984 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport, 2.8V6 (TBI pending)