[Gmecm] 93 CHEVY g20 VAN

Gary Evans gary
Sat Dec 31 21:18:41 UTC 2005

WopOnTour is correct on the reason for the vacuum referenced pressure
regualtor.  On the TBI Subaru and Tracker, the vacuum line is plumbed
in above the throttle plate. The purpose being (as said earlier) to
maintain a constant pressure drop across the injector nozzle. In a TBI
application, the only source of pressure drop at the injector is the
air cleaner. In many designs this drop is ignored and is simply
compensated by the computer. Other designs use a vacuum reference near
the injector body to account for clogged air filter, etc.

That is the reason for the presence of a vacuum referenced regulator on
some, but not all, TBI systems.