[Gmecm] really weird problem ... vn v6 commodore memcal.

Rick McLeod dunvegan
Thu Jul 14 13:11:52 UTC 2005

I agree that it appears to be in limp mode, and that
is probabally due to issues w/ the memcal, but may not
necessarily be bad. I have had similar experience w/
'165 in my Vette, it boiled down to (as I recall)
having to drop power to the system and let everything
drain dead, then brought back up and it worked. I
suspect it was a static thing, have had no problems to
date since (over 2 years).

Also, when burning, make sure that you get a good
clean erase, as sometimes programmers have different
thresholds for logic than due the circuits the eproms
live in, so what may be a clean burn to the programmer
may be dicey at best in the real circuit. I've seen
this quite a bit in my old days of avionics,
especially the early mosfet circuits, that would work
on the test bench independantly, but not play together
in a circuit. Pull them back out, and they met spec on
the bench. Go figure.............?

HTH, good luck.