[Gmecm] Hard to start '730

Cowen captain_krill
Wed Jul 20 19:10:20 UTC 2005

Hello all!  I've been running a Fiero intake on a 3.4l
with a '730.  One of the (few) problems I'm having is
that I have to crank the engine about 2 or three
seconds before it will start.  I've deleted the
Fiero's cold start injector (there was none on the
Pontiac 6000 that donated the '730), but I'm pretty
sure I'm smelling raw gas right after startup.  Of
course, that doesn't mean it's rich, it could be that
the 2 seconds of cranking has loaded the exhaust with
fuel (and I don't have a cat').  Temperature seems to
be a non-issue, and once it doest start. it revs
properly at first, so I know the IAC is working fine.
I am still getting things together for datalogging and
reprogramming, but does anyone have any suggestions on
what might be going on?  Thanks!