[Gmecm] What does VSS do exactly?

Rick McLeod dunvegan
Tue Jun 28 13:27:04 UTC 2005

Correct me if I'm wrong:

It may be different on trucks, but on the mid-late
80's Camaros there is a opto-buffer mounted to the
back of the instrument cluster, a yellow box, wires to
the opto sensor on the speedo, and an edge connector
that the power/output lines connect to. It creates a
ecm compatible 2K signal of square wave type.

=== message truncated ===