[Gmecm] gm 5300 OBD2 port wiring

Robert Fleming robert.fleming
Thu Mar 10 20:35:53 UTC 2005

I'm looking at a 5.3 swap and am running into some problems on the OBD2 diagnostic port wiring.  It is a 2002 5.3 and the FSM pinout says that pins 14 and 15 are UART serial data and 58 is class 2 serial data.  Now I assume at the least the UART serial data pins are high and low, but the problem is they are both orange and black.  And does the class 2 serial data use the vehicle chassis ground as its low?    The harness that came with the engine had the chassis side chopped off, so tracing wires doesn't answer the question.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert