[Gmecm] BOSCH EV6 (Ford Cobra) injector solenoid connectors needed

matt_pekarna at datacard.com matt_pekarna
Thu Mar 10 21:00:37 UTC 2005

Hello.

I am searching for injector solenoid electrical connectors to rebuild a
1997 GM truck injector wiring harness.  The injectors I am using are BOSCH,
and are from a Mercury Marine small block Chevrolet (L31) application that
utilized external injectors.  In fact, I have the entire intake manifold
assembly from a Mercury Marine 350 (L31) motor I am attempting to install
on my truck.  I have learned the marine injectors are 24 lb BOSCH EV6's,
and have a different electrical connector configuration that common GM
injectors.  In searching for connectors, I have discovered that FORD is a
large user of the BOSCH EV6 injector, the stock injector on the marine
manifolds.  The 24 lb BOSCH injectors (without the stainless steel marine
elements) were original equipment on Ford 99-02 SVT DOHC 4V 4.6 COBRAS, and
Ford 00-02 NAVIGATOR and EXPLORERS 5.4 V-8     I am now searching for FORD
part sources to locate injector solenoid connectors, but am coming up
empty.

Here is an example of the type of injector I am using, and a description of
the connector I am searching for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7942880195&category=33554&sspagename=WD1V

I can locate pigtail connectors from FORD directly $15 or so each.  This
ebay seller will sell them for $12.50, but I am looking for the raw
connectors and the crimp-on or solder-on wire contacts so I can avoid the
need for wire splices with heat shrink tubing on 16 wires.  I want the
harness to look better than that, and have fewer opportunities for future
failure.

Some FORD sites refer to these as "P-style" connectors.

Can anyone direct me to a source for these raw connector components?
Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Regards,