[Gmecm] gm 5300 OBD2 port wiring

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Fri Mar 11 05:55:31 UTC 2005

________________________________

	From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org
[mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of Robert Fleming
	Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:36 PM
	To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
	Subject: [Gmecm] gm 5300 OBD2 port wiring

	I'm looking at a 5.3 swap and am running into some problems on
the OBD2 diagnostic port wiring.  It is a 2002 5.3 and the FSM pinout
says that pins 14 and 15 are UART serial data and 58 is class 2 serial
data.  Now I assume at the least the UART serial data pins are high and
low, but the problem is they are both orange and black.  And does the
class 2 serial data use the vehicle chassis ground as its low?    The
harness that came with the engine had the chassis side chopped off, so
tracing wires doesn't answer the question.

	Any help is appreciated.

	Thanks,
	Robert

Robert, you might find that the 2 UART wires are the same signal in 2
different cavities.  The schematics should show if this is the case.
class2 is referenced to ground.  what are you swapping into?

--steve