[Gmecm] What's out there for Vortec L31

matt_pekarna at datacard.com matt_pekarna
Fri Mar 11 20:07:34 UTC 2005

TunerCat just released a software update last month, and now supports these
GM trucks.  TunerCat doesn't have their web site updated yet to show their
complete offering yet (only lists 96 - 97 GM C/K trucks), but many people
on the Pacific Audio forum have just completed a group purchase, and are
beginning to figure out how to use it.

As I understand it, the Pacific Audio web site server is down for major
upgrades, so you won't be able to tap into this user base until sometime
later this month.  Here is a link for you to check.

http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/do_tc.html

http://www.pacific-audio.com/performance/discussion.html

http://www.duramaximizer.com/forum/discussionframe.htm

http://www.pacific-audio.com/

By the way, I have been told conflicting information about the L31
injection system.  Some say it is a batch fire (2 injectors w/ 4 pintles
each as you describe below), others say it is a true MPFI (all 8 pintles
operate independently from a central source).

Anyone have the definitive answer?

             Michael Kaczmar
             <abbynrml94 at yahoo
             Sent by:                  gmecm at diy-efi.org
             gmecm-bounces at diy                                          cc
             -efi.org
                                                                    Fax to

             03/11/2005 01:33                                      Subject
             PM                        [Gmecm] What's out there for Vortec
                                       L31

             Please respond to
             gmecm at diy-efi.org

What calibration software is available for the L31 engines? I find TBI,
stuff, but Tunercat has nothing OBD-II. I see LS1 edit, I see LT1 edit,
but nothing for these engines.

What can be done to enhance these engines, and still be able to
calibrate? As far as I understand it, there really is 2 injectors, and
4 pintles each to get the fuel to the ports. Are there other injectors
available to upgrade?? The biggest thing is figuring out how to get
into the cals..

Michael Kaczmar
Creator 77/94/95/96 Caprice a.k.a. Frankenstein LT1/MN6
2004 Impulse Blue GTO, LS1/M12
53 F-100 5.0/T5, Mustang II, T-bird IRS.....
see http://www.geocities.com/abbynrml94 for project pics!!