[Gmecm] best controller for a turbo 4 cylinder

Michael Kaczmar abbynrml94
Tue Mar 15 21:50:07 UTC 2005

Okay, desired specs
port fuel injection, batch or SEFI does not matter
4 cylinder, VW engine
Common controller.
Eventually will be turbo'd once I figure out the basics.

I hear 730 controllers can be configured for 4 cylinder, but I have no
idea how to figure out the ignition, heck any of the timing. How do
they do cylinder timing in the controller? Making HEI work on a bug
engine is not a problem in terms of fabrication, I just need to figure
out how to set it up electrically.

The '730 controller was also used on V6 cars, weren't they
distributorless?

I know there were Turbo sunbirds, but really have not been able to find
anything for them, and as best as I can find, they were not port
injected.

Any help?

As you folks may have figured with all my questions, I have all kinds
of EFI projects lined, but, I need to figure out the details...

Michael Kaczmar
Creator 77/94/95/96 Caprice a.k.a. Frankenstein LT1/MN6
2004 Impulse Blue GTO, LS1/M12
53 F-100 5.0/T5, Mustang II, T-bird IRS.....
see http://www.geocities.com/abbynrml94 for project pics!!