[Gmecm] L31 and HotCam, induction options

Michael Kaczmar abbynrml94
Wed Mar 16 19:24:22 UTC 2005

My intentions for the L31 were to get it running with the stock
induction. 255 HP and 330 ft-# torque is a nice tow motor. Very similar
power band to a stock LT1, dead over 5000 rpm. That's fine, it's to
upgrade a TBI pickup to a better motor. You can TBI a Vortec, but I
like multiport better, and you run out of air on a TBI unit.

If I was to hot-cam an L31 (I have hot cammed my Lt1 in the past, even
hot camm'ed and big vlaved an LT1 Porsche 944), it would be with a
different IAFM anyway. That's the reason why I was asking about the
injectors. Apparently the stock VCM injector drivers will work with
common injectors. The Ramjet is a nice idea, you can get the intake on
its own. The Distributor, coil and throttle body are all GM parts bin
pieces, the TB is from an F-body LS1. Fuel rails... I got the drawing
for the Ramjet intake, since it is for a SBC head, albeit with the
raised vortec runners, the injector spacing and angle look the same as
any TPI or LT1 setup. I think you can use the fuel rails, and make
custom crossovers. The intake alone is like $400 though. SHould flow as
nicely as an LT1...

Michael Kaczmar
Creator 77/94/95/96 Caprice a.k.a. Frankenstein LT1/MN6
2004 Impulse Blue GTO, LS1/M12
53 F-100 5.0/T5, Mustang II, T-bird IRS.....
see http://www.geocities.com/abbynrml94 for project pics!!