[Gmecm] Speaking of L31s

Chris Payne m38a1
Thu Mar 17 04:52:07 UTC 2005

After a good year or so of planning, I'm finally in the process of swapping
an L31 into my '52 Jeep. I think I've settled on using a '727 (with TPI
distributor) instead of an L31 ECM. A couple reasons why I'm going this
route, mainly because I already have the ECM and software/hardware to
reprogram it. If nothing else, it'll be less wiring and sensors to deal with.

Anyway, I figure the most difficult part of this swap will be getting it
all tuned in right. Does anyone have a stock L31 timing table handy that I
can use as a starting point? Any ideas on whether this idea is going to
work or am I missing something big here? Anybody here ever tried this?

Any comments or ideas would be greatly appriciated.

Chris