[Gmecm] Getting rid of False Knock?

Bobby Morgan rosankyauto
Tue Mar 22 11:37:30 UTC 2005

Mike:

1. By all means don't use any Teflon tape or any sealant on the KS threads.

2. The KS is pipe thread requiring no sealers that would insulate it from a
true signal.

3. Make sure all engine and transmission mounts are in excellent condition
and not sagging.

4. If they (eng. or trans.) touch any metal at all you can get a false
signal.

5. If you have a good scan tool, with eng. off gently tap the block around
the KS with a hammer to see what type of signal your getting.  I would try
this first to eliminate any stray signals.

Bobby

  _____

From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of WopOnTour
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 5:39 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Getting rid of False Knock?

Hi Mike

My 2 cents...

1. Make sure you are using shielded wire for the KS (shieldind grounded at
ECM end only)

2. Make sure you route the KS wiring as far away from spark plugs and wires
as possible

3. DO NOT over-torque the sensor (this an distort the peizio device and skew
it's sensitivity)

4. Do you if have the correct KS for your application? Different part
numbers have different resonant frequencies to which they are sensitive to.

5. Fix the collapsed piston! lol j/k- vbg

HTH

WOT