[Gmecm] Re: Gmecm Digest, Vol 1, Issue 20

Michael Kaczmar abbynrml94
Tue Mar 22 20:17:38 UTC 2005

> Unfortunately I loaded one knock sensor up already, but I've got
> another
> brand new one I can put in... either way it didn't seem to make a
> difference...
> The knock counts where still there... All the mounts are brand new,
> but I'll go
> over everything again to make sure nothings touching... I guess the
> next
> question would be, what could possibly make enough noise in the motor
> to create
> 50,000 knock counts in only a few minutes...Obviously somthing with
> alot of
> repetition... Maybe the Rockers need adjusted? How many knock counts
> does a motor
> that has real knock see? thanks guys...

ON LT1's the roller rockers casue false knock, in fact the LT4's had a
different knock module. Try stamped rockers if you have rollers and see
what happens. If you are running solid lifters, than you KS's will be
VERY sensitive to out of spec lash, perhaps even with it..

Michael Kaczmar
Creator 77/94/95/96 Caprice a.k.a. Frankenstein LT1/MN6
2004 Impulse Blue GTO, LS1/M12
53 F-100 5.0/T5, Mustang II, T-bird IRS.....
see http://www.geocities.com/abbynrml94 for project pics!!