[Gmecm] Getting rid of False Knock?

Sixpakmak15 at aol.com Sixpakmak15
Wed Mar 23 04:31:53 UTC 2005

They're hydraulic roller set 3/4 from 0 Lash... however... I just noticed
there is no Knock when the car is idling... It starts to climb slowly when I
accelerate slow... and the faster I accelerate, the faster the knock number goes
up... If I put the car in Nuetral and rev to 3000, it will count a few thousand
knocks... So, If I time myself for one minute... while I hold the rpm at a
constant 3000... I should be able to take the number of knock counts durring the
run, i.e. 50,000.. and turn that into the sum of an equation for either the
number of compession stokes or rocker movement durring that period of time and
rpm?
3000   = 750      (750) 60sec = 45,000 compresion stokes and or knock counts
    4strokes
or
3000   = 1500    (1500) 60sec = 90,000 rocker movements and or knock counts
    2 "cam timing"