[Gmecm] EPROM Identification- (from Australian Delco VR 5L Auto)

mark krawczuk krawczuk
Sat Mar 26 13:54:08 UTC 2005

hi, i  thought the  blup bit  might be part of the gm id memcal  code,   but those 4 letters arent even  in the listing,.
the  eprom is correct  27c512.

but maybe they have stacked it on a larger  chip??

have u tried to use it ?
is there any symbols on the eprom , that might identify  what make it is  e.g  texas,amd etc.....
do u want to  email me the .bin ?

krawczuk at dodo.com.au
mark k
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Lawson
  To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
  Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2005 10:37 PM
  Subject: [Gmecm] EPROM Identification- (from Australian Delco VR 5L Auto)

  I've just bought a 1617642 PCM out of a VR Commodore V8 Auto (I think), with a memcal that has an EPROM with the following written on it:

  1616 7633
  BLUP 9350 980
  SINGAPORE 0263

  This should be a 512 Kbit EPROM if it's what I think it is.  It had a handwritten "Bullet 5118" or "Bullet 3118" sticker on it, but no Delco silver sticker.

  I've tried to read it as a 27C512, and it just downloads 8787, F7F7 and FFFF's.

  Any idea what type of chip this is, and what parameters I have to set to re-burn it?

  Thanks,

  John