[Gmecm] EPROM Identification- (from Australian Delco VR 5L Auto)

Andrew Huxtable, IT Support, Lonsdale ahuxtable
Mon Mar 28 05:30:46 UTC 2005

Could it be that this is not a standard chip and is an aftermarket
'performance' chip?  A picture is worth 1000 words.....

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of John Lawson
Sent: Monday, 28 March 2005 9:40 AM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] EPROM Identification- (from Australian Delco VR 5L
Auto)

Justin,
I'm not having trouble identifying the chipset, just the chip (EPROM),
hence
my question, "Any idea what type of chip this is, and what parameters I
have
to set to re-burn it?"

The EPROM's on earlier Delcos I'm used to often have the type on them
(eg
27128), but when they don't,  there's at least a manufacturer's name.
All
that is inscribed on the anonymous piece of silicon I'm dealing with is
in
my original question below.

I'd be grateful of any information that might help me understand how to
put
a new binary on it- ie either the manufacturer and model description, or
the
parameters required by a burner.

Thanks,

John