[Gmecm] Tri Power EFI

David Haggard david
Mon Mar 28 12:16:27 UTC 2005

Cadillac 4.1 litre TBI from late 80's. This TBI doesn't use an IAC motor for idle speed. It uses an external throttle positioner that (I think) can be wired to use the IAC circuits.

You'll have to include some sort of micro switch on the linkage to cut off the front and back injectors for normal cruise. And I think the injectors need to be wired in series in order to work.

The REAL tuning trick as I see it will be to get the front and back injectors to start firing immediately when their throttle plates start to open, AND get the mixtures right accordingly.

Unless you want to have all three open together all the time. But that will make your low-end tuning difficult and boggy.

If it were me, I'd go with the original 3 deuces carburetor setup and use the ECM for spark only. Use a heated O2 sensor as a tuning device to fine tune the carbs for best mixtures.

By the way, is it also a 389? It ain't really right if it ain't a 389.

;~)

David Haggard
   '88 Formula Firebird "SR-71 Black 'Bird"