[Gmecm] RE: GMECM 1227747 close replacement

RogeranCarol rogerancarol
Thu Mar 31 15:04:45 UTC 2005

BlankI believe the 16197427 is a P4 PCM used to support TBI V6&V8's from
'93 to '95,
generally using an electronic auto but also used to support some manual
trans apps.
Examples are a '94 2WD 1-ton van using BYXS, or C2 3/4 ton 4-wheel drive.
BUT-I believe connectors and of course pin-outs are different than the
1227747.
I converted my 5.7 from a 4L60E to an NV4500 by using the 16197427 wiring
harness and new connectors, along with an 16171199 C3 ECM. In my case, most
of the sensors were the same. A different knock sensor would be required as
the P4
PCM has the module built in. Also the P4 is looking for a higher pulse rate
from the VSS.
I would have used the P4 PCM with my manual tranny swap, but California
SMOG laws
would not allow it, so I was forced to use the lower performing 162-BAUD
C3.
Just a side-note of caution when selecting EPROMs to go along with a given
ECM/PCM.
As I discovered the hard way (but albeit educational!), many EPROMs are
programmed
to run with leaded fuel, and will not support an O2 sensor. I.a., will not
run closed-loop.
Roger