[Gmecm] SEQUENTIAL Conversion FOR TPI

bcroe at juno.com bcroe
Wed May 4 05:32:23 UTC 2005

Thanks for the reply.  I suppose if you are driven from
a batch system firing every crank revolution, you must
double the pulse width to fire the injector every other
crank revolution.

I am converting from mechanical HEIs to the 5.0L
Olds CCC system HEI, available at any local yard for
$25.  But of course, it doesn't come with cam sync.  My
70s Cadillac EFI had reed switches for cam sync, not
very reliable (the rotating magnets fall off).

>From your note, it sounds like you sold a cam sync adapter.

>For anyone using a distributor, we have a cam position
> sensor that fits inside. It comes with a rotor piece and
> sensor.

I was considering ways to adapt a cam sensor to the
CCC HEI, which included a 4.9 Cad unit or sensing one
plug wire pulse.  I might be willing to buy your cam
sensor adapter (might be a big seller, CCCs are everywhere
on Olds and Chevy), but I'm not willing to buy a whole
new distributor to get that feature.

thanks, Bruce Roe