[Gmecm] converting 4cly distributor 1227808 to V8 DIS ignition.

ahuxtable at sola.com.au ahuxtable
Tue May 10 23:05:26 UTC 2005

There is a myriad of things there that need to be addressed.

Primarily - You're talking about a boosted engine here, an 808 in it's
standard form is not going to like boost that much.

2, Memcal - You are going to need to find a memcal that supports v8 DIS
in another car.  It's going to need to be from an 808 or 165.  AFAIK, no
v8's here with the 808 used DIS so I'm thinking it's going to be a 165.
You'll need this for the limp home resisters at least. The loom would
probably help as well, although one from a commo would probably suffice.

3, To do any programming (which you will have to) you're also going to
need an ECU file that matches the binary on the memcal you find. If one
does not exist it's going to make life very hard for you.

Kalmaker sell 'Corevette LT5 V8 Coilpacks and these can be run easily on
most Delco computers' (according to their site).

I think that, in your case, kalmaker would likely be your only solution
(if you want to hang on to the 808/165).  It'd still work out cheaper
than most other AM ECU's tho.  This would enable you to get away from
the issues of boost, memcal and ecu file.  Not only this, according to
them they can give you v8 DIS.

Andrew