[Gmecm] converting 4cly distributor 1227808 to V8 DIS ignition.

rawardsr rawardsr
Wed May 11 01:03:27 UTC 2005

Stop by www.thirdgen.org  DIY Prom board.

If your going to the hassle of a ECM swap, might as well and from the
start use a 7749 from a Turbo Sunbird/GMC Typhoon, with OEM 2 bar code
(mask $58), or hacked source code ( nicknamed $60) with available bins
for 3 Bar. Note that in most cases a 7730 ECM can be subbed for the
7749, so long as the injector wiring as used in a Typhoon (saturated
injectors).

No good V8 dis swaps that I know of, however several peeps are looking
into the Northstar V8 coil pack. I do know of a Grand National that
regularly swaps between a 7749 and the original 148.

You can adapt the Ford dizzy to work with the GM ignition module, just
lock out the advance.  I know you'd like DIS (mainly I'm sure to clear
the supercharger snout), I just don't have that answer.

You can go DIS with any of the P4 ECM's, just need the right values in
the bin.   Bob