[Gmecm] Re: VSS Help

Cowen captain_krill
Fri May 13 21:24:41 UTC 2005

What kind of speedo do you have?  I've just put TPI
into an old Jeep, which turned out to have a GM
speedo.  The back of the speedo was cast to accept the
optical VSS, so I put one in off an 83? Camaro.

My ECM is looking for a magnetic VSS and I haven't
reprogrammed it (no tools yet), so it's pulling a
code, but I understand changing to BIN so the ECM is
looking for an optical VSS is no big deal.  Strangely
enough, I thought DFE mode was dependant on the VSS,
but it works fine without VSS on my '730...