[Gmecm] converting 4cly distributor 1227808 to V8 DIS ignition.

ahuxtable at sola.com.au ahuxtable
Tue May 17 03:06:47 UTC 2005

This was a 2 bar '5D' bin that was sent to me by another member of this
list - It's not mine so don't ask any questions about it.

All I know, it's just rescaled all the tables that have MAP.  From
memory this was also for a v8 but was a 'rough tune' I think.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Wayne Jones
Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2005 11:23 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] converting 4cly distributor 1227808 to V8 DIS
ignition.

My progress, all the wiring and so forth is down pat, as in i know how
wire the thing if i can sort a few other issues.
-Ill list the oly two real issues at this stage you maybe able to assist
me
with:
I need to upgrade to 2-3bar MAP as it will be a forced induction engine,
as
i am aware the 7749 would be a better start but i am in australia and my

only acess to one is via ebay unless you have knowlege of somewhere
else....it could also work out quite expensive to purchase and have
posted
to me, if you know where they are going cheap please inform me.
SO..how do i convert to 2-3bar MAP the wiring is of no real issue it is
just
the chip which was never programed for such a thing, has anyone done
this
apart from Kalmaker. Kalmaker says on their website that the '7749 is
very
similar to the '808...and...'165 so all they have done is taken the
2-3bar
MAP sensor binary and adapted it to the '808. Thus a 808-165 with 2+bar
MAP
graphs and tables. If i could find a .bin for this i would be made in
the
shade, however i have not found any unless someone knows where i can
download or obtain it???
How hard would it be for someone to do what kalmaker have done and add
the
code from the '7749 MAP code to the '808 or '165.
Any ideas?????????
thanks
jonesy