[Gmecm] repost

David Cooley n5xmt
Sun May 22 16:36:04 UTC 2005

things the output will require to determine MAF based on MAP readings are
Barometric pressure, Intake air temp, manifold pressure, RPM and volumetric
efficiency based on RPM.
What year, engine etc is it?  There may be a MAP based cal already out there
that would only require a couple wiring changes and a few sensors.
the other thing to keep in mind is MAF is more reliable and flexible than
MAP... if ytou make any changes to a map based system (IE: headers, etc) you
may have to re-cal the chip to properly run with those changes because VE is
now different in the engine...  with MAF, the VE isn't an issue as the
actual Mass of air is measured as it enters the engine.
You may also find that the problem is still there with MAP after the
conversion... best to fix the problem first then do the conversion/change,
that way you know any poor running or problems are directly related to the
conversion/cal and not existing problems elsewhere.

  _____

From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of Michael Stephens
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 12:29 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Gmecm] repost

I would like to know more about converting my car to MAP instead of MAF.  I
dont like MAF as it constricts my airflow and is not working right anyway.
I will not sell anything for money or anything.  Anything I do come up with
will be posted on my website.

--
Michael Stephens

Electrical Engineering Student