[Gmecm] BLM cell confusion

Ryan Hess rgmecm
Fri Nov 11 04:07:21 UTC 2005

Yes, exactly.  Entering cell 2 (by reving in neutral)
swings the INT to 137-ish, but the cell 2 BLM doesn't
change off 122.  I don't know if learn enable has some
kind of qualifier that I'm not meeting in neutral
(MPH? MAP? BPW?) or what, but cell 2 appears to be the
only one that doesn't move.

An interesting side note is that my BLM data varies
widely depending on the driving that I do.  But - I
guess that's to be expected if the $a1 truly does use
only 2 BLM cells (idle and off idle).  I don't know
that it does.  I can say that BLM cell 2 does appear
to be calculated from the cell 0 (idle) and cell 1
(seems to be a changing TPS).  I never see cell 2
actually change, it only changes when you're in other
cells... "behind closed doors" so to speak.

Now, from what I have seen in my data logs, it appears
as though the INT has to be off from 128 by 4 (from
the "C/L INTEGRATOR WINDOW VALUE") before the BLM will
start to compensate, in which case, my idle cell INT
of 124 would be acceptable for no BLM compensation.

Ryan