[Gmecm] Putting the computer in the engine compartment?

Jay Vessels jay
Fri Nov 25 02:29:10 UTC 2005

Hi there!

The problem isn't heat -- it's water.  Water will want to travel along
every seam, opening, and will migrate along the wiring harness.  Sealing
the ECM from water is the chore.

David's box is a good example of what to do -- notice the wiring is
through weatherproof connectors. That is the key -- it's easy to get the
ECM in a waterproof box, but sealing the wiring's another issue.
Installing weatherproof connectors in the box, and running wiring from
the connectors to the ECM is the right answer.

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
1984 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport, 2.8V6 (TBI pending)