[Gmecm] Putting the computer in the engine compartment?

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Sat Nov 26 14:28:42 UTC 2005

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the obvious (or did I just miss it again?).
What about using a computer that is DESIGNED to go under the hood?  Or if a
different computer can't be used how about using the case from another
computer that was designed to go under the hood?

My LT1 has the 8051 under the hood.  It's not waterproof,  but it's at least
water resistant,  and there are a number of others that live under the hood
with no problems.

Bill
'94 Z28 LT1/A4
'84 928s 4.7L/5 sp. Vortech/749