Ang: RE: [Gmecm] New ROM-code in a 1227747?

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Sat Nov 26 19:52:16 UTC 2005

As Dennis said,  the ROM is contained in the CPU.  Removing the CPU and
replacing it with 'something else' is a very big job.  You'd be much better
off using the thirdgen device.  It should be fairly easy to accomplish your
goals that way.

The CPU is a 68hc11 variant with a few special instructions,  built by
Motorola for GM.  You can't replace it with a commercial part without
re-writing the code.

Bill