Ang: Re: Ang: RE: [Gmecm] New ROM-code in a 1227747?

Robert W Hughes rwhughe
Mon Nov 28 06:10:18 UTC 2005

> with the ROM inside the CPU I see the difficulties.
> Thanks for clearing that out for me.
>
> /Per

The later P4 ecms have all the software in the removable prom, the
earlier C3 ecms have onboard ROM, don't know which type the 7747 is.
Ludis's "spit" routines are intended to dump the onboard non-removable
ROM of the C3. The hidden connector at the other end of the ecm has all
the bus signals and something called "ROMEN" which would suggest you
could dump the onboard ROM, program it into an external PROM and connect
it with the proper addressing logic to this connector and then use the
ROMEN signal to disable the onboard ROM. If this works (I haven't tried
it) you could then modify any part of the software.
--
Robert W. Hughes (Bob)
BackYard Engineering
rwhughe at oplink.net