Ang: Re: Ang: RE: [Gmecm] New ROM-code in a 1227747?

Per Lonnborg perlon
Sat Nov 26 23:52:17 UTC 2005

OK,

with the ROM inside the CPU I see the difficulties.
Thanks for clearing that out for me.

/Per

with a few special instructions,  built by
>Motorola for GM.  You can't replace it with a commercial part without
>re-writing the code.
>
>Bill
>
>> --- Per Lonnborg <perlon at passagen.se> wrote:
>>
>>> Wow!
>>> That was an impressing project going on over there,
>>> a complete
new TBI-code with better options than in
>>> many new EFI-system it seems!
>>>
>>> This was a bit more than I had plans for though, so

I will ask again if there is a possibility at all to
>>> change the onboard ROM with
>>> "something else"?
>>>
>>> On Ludis pages there
are instructions to dump the
>>> ROM-content into a computer, so I guess the hard
>>> part is to replace
>>> that stock ROM chip. What chip
is that btw?

>>> I might add that I am quite new to both diy-efi and
>>> assembler programming, so maybe some of my
>>> questions
seems strange!