[Gmecm] E85 conversion

SubZero350@att.net subzero350
Sun Sep 11 18:11:45 UTC 2005

I know this topic has been talked about in the past but one of our local gas
stations has just recently been approved by the state to sell E-85.  Now
that this is coming to my town, I would like to know a few more specifics
about what exactly it takes to run E-85.  I found the following website but
it did not answer all my questions...

http://www.e85fuel.com/index.php

Hopefully someone on this list will know more about E-85 as I have specific
questions.

1) Exactly what components in the typical GM fuel system are NOT compatible
with E-85?  (Obviously I know rubber O-rings and fuel lines are not, but
what about steel and plastic?)

2) Since I have the ability to tune nearly all the ECMs/PCMs in the cars I
own, resetting A/F ratios or widening the INT/BLM operating windows won't be
a problem.  Do I need to alter the R/L O2 voltage tipping point?  If so, to
what?

Thanks for the info in advance.

-ryan