[Gmecm] Vortec swap info needed

DV Fagan dvfagan
Wed Sep 14 22:05:59 UTC 2005

Beau,
Just running the ecm without a working error code
light puts it in a limp home mode.  Both the 4l60e and
the 4l80e trannys report their gear selection to the
ecm and the th400 can't do that.  That is why the ecm
must be flashed to manual trans.  The th400 needs to
generate a vss input to the ecm and the final gear
ratio needs to be stored in the ecm.
Dennis