[Gmecm] MAP troubleshooting.

Darryl M Gilbert dgilbert78
Wed Sep 21 16:38:57 UTC 2005

Hello: double check your wiring to the sensor. doubt if you have 2 bad
ones in a row, but possible i guess
Darryl..

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:32:53 +0200 Tali Orlov <tashutali at gmail.com>
writes:
HI all.

I am now in the process of converting my Jeep CJ8 carbureted 258 to EFI.
I bought at the junk-yard TBI system from GMC Safari truck, 1989 , 4.3 V6
.

I connected my laptop to the ECM with ALDL I/F , and I saw that the MAP
sensor was giving a constant value. 4.4 Volt.
I did not connected the MAP sensor vacuum port to the TBI yet because I
am waiting for the manifold adapter, but I gave vacuum to the sensor with
my mouth and also by connecting it with a hose to the bottom of the
carburetor, below the throttles.

no response from the sensor.

The junk yard owner gave me another Map sensor but the results are the
same.

I also checked the signal voltage with a multimeter and I get a constant
4.4 volt.
There is 5 volt reference signal to the sensor.

Do I do something wrong or I got two bad sensors?

Thanks.

Hanan.