[Gmecm] MAP troubleshooting.

Darryl M Gilbert dgilbert78
Wed Sep 21 16:57:32 UTC 2005

Hello: On your MAP sensor itself where the plug plugs into it is marked
with the letters C B A, this is the numbers of the pins. Pin C should
have +5 volts on it (measured from ground). Pin A is the reference (or
ground, this ground goes to the ECM) Pin B is the output signal to the
ECM. You could use a voltmeter with very sharp probes and probe through
the wire insulation to make contact with the wire to verify this. If you
probe say from a good ground to pin B and apply vacuum to the MAP you
should see a change if you get enough vacuum applied. They can also be
tested with a small hand held vacuum pump. The MAP is very important in
having your TBI set up work properly. Something wrong with the MAP sensor
or MAP ckt will give you all sorts of fits.
Good luck
Darryl...

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:32:53 +0200 Tali Orlov <tashutali at gmail.com>