[Gmecm] Crank & Cam signals on the 4200 GM six

Mike V efi
Mon Apr 10 12:44:21 UTC 2006

Hi Bill,
Yes, the exhaust cam timing is altered as much as 25 degrees
to maximize torque throughout the RPM range. I've heard of
folks using an intake sprocket to simply lock it down.
I'd like to do that, and add a 749 and a turbo.  I've been
looking locally for a damaged engine, just to tear it
down and spin the cam and crank while watching signals
with a scope.  Sooner or later, I will find one.  I was
hoping someone had been there / done that already.
Cheers,
Mike V