[Gmecm] P6 ECM information? Now: Cadillac ECM info

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Wed Apr 12 18:57:37 UTC 2006

I was going to suggest that you go over to thirdgen but I see you've
already posted there.  That PCM apparently uses a linear actuator to
open the throttle plates, rather than an IAC throttling an air bypass
path.  The 2 solutions I can think of are to adapt the cad throttle
motor to your TB, or just use the cad TB.  You might be able to hook the
motor the the throttle itself, or maybe have it move the pintle.  The
other solution is electrical.

According to that thirdgen thread the cad PCM uses a H bridge output to
drive the actuator.  An H bridge is a circuit that can drive an electric
motor at different speeds by varying the voltage, and also in both
directions by changing the polarity.  A PIC could digitize this voltage
and generate IAC steps in response.  I would only pursue this if you
can't make it work mechanically.  Idle control doesn't have to be on the
top of your todo list anyway.  Do you know what CPU it uses?

BTW the thirdgen thread is here:

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/diy-prom/331767-caddy-4-9-crank.html

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.