[Gmecm] Re: Gmecm Digest, Vol 14, Issue 5

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Fri Apr 7 14:26:30 UTC 2006

The particular boxes I'm experimenting with both started production in
1996 with OBD2.  I have a '96 v6 computer, and a '98 vortec pickup
computer.

> May I assume that when you mention 18x and 3x signals that
> you're referring to a 6 cylinder configuration?
>
> Are the PCM's reconfigurable for different cylinder counts?

I don't think so.  I mentioned in another post, the TIO chip has
microcode that is specific to the engine configuration.  But the overall
architecture of the boxes I think is similar, it terms of which devices
connect to which chip select outputs.  So a common set of code could be
developed that has a cylinder select, you'd just have to make sure in
practice that you ran the code on the proper box.

With that said the efi332 code is written to only use the TPU, which is
functional on the CPU32 boxes, so you could ignore the CIC/TIO
altogether, then the boxes are closer to universal.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.