[Gmecm] Re: How to wire Timing Bypass on 4-Cyl 151 Iron Duke?

Aphelion79 aphelion79
Sun Aug 6 02:33:16 UTC 2006

Well... for unforeseen events leading up to the lack of spark in my
Mazda truck and the unavailability of any form of standard parts being
Japanese and all (lol whatever the reason is) I decided to try to fix my
Heep ASAP... so... I spliced the tan/black wire.... set the timing to
zero... at zero it runs like crap.   Plugged it back in... and the
timing advanced... however what should the timing advance to on a '88
Chevy S10 Pickup with the 2.5L?  For it still runs like crap and idles
funny (maybe idle is just set too low? dunno its late to think about it
anymore)  Any other ideas as to what I would check (sensor wise) as to
why it'd be idling funny...  so yeah

-Matt