[Gmecm] Which ecm to use

Phillip Kuhn pmkls1
Sun Aug 20 21:17:18 UTC 2006

Okay, I have a 730 ecm and a 4cyl memcal on the way
along with all of the hardware for adapting and
burning a chip. I still have a few simple questions
that remain to be answered and I will begin
programming. I am still not 100% on what route I am
going with my ignition system but I think for the most
part I will figure that out easily enough. I will
eventually go with a DIS setup, but for now I am going
to use my stock distributor to save cost just to get
the initial phase of the swap done.

 One of my main questions is is there anything that I
need to modify in the $58 code for it to work properly
in the 730 ?

If I use my distributor setup for now shouldnt I use a
GM style ignition module to make it work properly ?

Once I get all of my parts I am sure I will have a
million other questions but for now I cant think of
any more. Thanks in advance for any advice. I would
definately be lost without this mailing list !

Phil