[Gmecm] Re: +AFs-Gmecm+AF0- Re: How to wire Timing Bypass on 4-Cyl 151 Iron Duke?

David Allen davida1
Sun Aug 6 03:17:55 UTC 2006

IIRC the base timing is 8 degrees BTDC with bypass disconnected, engine idling.
David

----- Original Message -----
From: +ACI-Aphelion79+ACI- +ADw-aphelion79+AEA-cox.net+AD4-
To: +ADw-gmecm+AEA-diy-efi.org+AD4-
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2006 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: +AFs-Gmecm+AF0- Re: How to wire Timing Bypass on 4-Cyl 151 Iron Duke?

+AD4- Well... for unforeseen events leading up to the lack of spark in my
+AD4- Mazda truck and the unavailability of any form of standard parts being
+AD4- Japanese and all (lol whatever the reason is) I decided to try to fix my
+AD4- Heep ASAP... so... I spliced the tan/black wire.... set the timing to
+AD4- zero... at zero it runs like crap.   Plugged it back in... and the
+AD4- timing advanced... however what should the timing advance to on a '88
+AD4- Chevy S10 Pickup with the 2.5L?  For it still runs like crap and idles
+AD4- funny (maybe idle is just set too low? dunno its late to think about it
+AD4- anymore)  Any other ideas as to what I would check (sensor wise) as to
+AD4- why it'd be idling funny...  so yeah
+AD4-
+AD4- -Matt
+AD4-
+AD4- Aphelion79 wrote:
+AD4APg- Yeah, finally it runs :)  I'll keep you all updated +ACY- will probably
+AD4APg- perform the surgery next Wednesday+ACE-
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg- Andrew Gibson wrote:
+AD4APgA+- You should be able to splice a connector into the tan with black
+AD4APgA+- wire. This is the est bypass which changes the module over for ecm
+AD4APgA+- control. I would reccomend solder and heat shrink and a weatherpack
+AD4APgA+- connector if doing it in the engine compartment. Other than that put
+AD4APgA+- it wherever you find convenient. Good to know it runs+ACE-
+AD4APgA+-
+AD4APgA+- ---------------------------------
+AD4APgA+- Do you Yahoo+ACE-?
+AD4APgA+-  Everyone is raving about the  all-new Yahoo+ACE- Mail Beta.
+AD4APgA+- +AF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXw-
+AD4APgA+- Gmecm mailing list
+AD4APgA+- Gmecm+AEA-diy-efi.org
+AD4APgA+- Subscribe: http://lists.diy-efi.org/mailman/listinfo/gmecm
+AD4APgA+- Main WWW page: http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm
+AD4APgA+-
+AD4APgA+-
+AD4APg- +AF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXw-
+AD4APg- Gmecm mailing list
+AD4APg- Gmecm+AEA-diy-efi.org
+AD4APg- Subscribe: http://lists.diy-efi.org/mailman/listinfo/gmecm
+AD4APg- Main WWW page: http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm
+AD4APg-
+AD4- +AF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXw-
+AD4- Gmecm mailing list
+AD4- Gmecm+AEA-diy-efi.org
+AD4- Subscribe: http://lists.diy-efi.org/mailman/listinfo/gmecm
+AD4- Main WWW page: http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm