[Gmecm] Editing Cell Tables

Robin Handley Robin
Wed Aug 9 05:02:22 UTC 2006

<SNIP>
I am using TUNER PRO to edit my VE Tables. Does anyone know how the
Cells are set up for the 7747 ECM. Does the RPM of 400, 800, 1200, Ect,
over the cell coresponds to the begining or the end of the cell?
I think I may have just gone stupid looking at these. Maybe someone
would be kind enough to unshroud this for me...Thanks..Matt
</SNIP>

I don't use Tuner Pro,  but it should exactly reproduce the lookup tables in
the calibration, as there is no reason for it to do otherwise. There is a
lot of on-line information about the 747 - to indicate what is in the
calibration.

If the VE table shows 75% at an RPM of 400 and a MAP of 90 then, if the RPM
is exactly 400 and the MAP is exactly 90, the table lookup code will return
(output) exactly 75%. However, very rarely will RPM and MAP (input) values
match exactly with the tabulated values, so the code does bi-linear
interpolation between the tabulated values straddling the input values to
calculate a sensible value for VE under those input conditions. This ensures
a smooth and continuous transition between one set of input conditions and
the next.

HTH

Robin